It’s good to offer a range of interesting, problem-solving content, developed in a number of different formats, because people find answers to their questions in different places and in different ways.
If you know your target customer segments inside out, it’s possible to write directly to their needs, wants and interests. Problem-solving content pulls these prospects into the sales funnel and casts you in a highly favourable light.
The following content types can shape your reputation and establish your company as a trusted source:
- Web site copy for a new project, a site redevelopment, or landing and campaign pages.
- Blog updates to keep you at the forefront of comment and analysis in your sector.
- Newsletters to keep your stakeholders up to date.
- Articles for use in your own communications or via intermediaries.
- News releases (direct to prospects) and press release (via the media).
- Case studies to show how your services have benefited customers.
- Thought-leadership white papers to position tech or consulting firms.
- Marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, presentations, product and price lists.
A gift that keeps on giving
The great news is that a single strong, relevant piece of content, written from your prospects’ point of view, can usually be re-purposed across a number of these formats.
If you’d like to build relationships with prospects so that when they are ready to buy, it’s you they’ll buy from, please contact me.