Heavily over-optimised websites are in for a shock as Google begins to penalise ‘old skool’ SEO tactics.
- Keyword-stuffed page titles? Not helping!
- Inappropriate internal links? Don’t do it, dudes.
- Crappy link-filled footers? Are you serious? That is so 2002.
- Weird keyword-rich blocks that serve no useful purpose? Get out of here!
- You have back-links from dodgy sites? Off my Christmas card list.
- Almost-duplicate pages. You don’t fool anyone. Grow up.
Great stuff from SEOmoz — as per usual.
There’s no substitute for well-written, natural language. Contact BuzzedUp if your site is guilty of the SEO crimes above.
Image via kurzweilai.net